Boiling Water

Clorifani

Is there a way I can make self-sustaining boiling water with household chemicals?:confused:

What do you mean "self sustaining"? If you mean some device that boils water forever without requiring extra energy (so without the gas + air/oxygen as suggested) then forget it... that's just as impossible as a perpetual motion device.

Perhaps you might want to rephrase your question.

3% H2O2 and slightly rusted (the rust seems to be catalytic) iron turnings, IIRC will get hot enough to boil/produce steam for a good long time

15% H2O2 with activated charcoal "bubbles" a whole lot (oxygen) and probably will eventually get hot enough to boil the water involved. The decomposition is fairly slow when I used the big chunks of carbon meant for fish tank filters.

If you mean "how can I make what looks like a plain glass of water boil for a long time," I have no idea if I can help you. You could aways pull a vacuum on it and it will really boil as long as you keep pumping out the water vapor