Hangovers

CaptainPanic

Indeed that is correct! and I don't drink 95% as a joke, I drink it because otherwise it takes a stupid liter of something else to get the desired affect - which is bad for you! That gets expensive, and everclear is only 16-20 bucks.

I agree with the fact that the other chemicals are a huge cause for the hangover, but I've drank some vodka and some Rum in the last 6 months too without feeling sick, but then again, body chemistry and genes can probably have an effect on that too...

for the sake of fairness, I'll restate my original statement - drinking a lot of water while I'm drinking will almost always keep me from getting a hangover, and I know a few others it helps too

Guys,

Let's focus on the science here...

We can open a second thread to discuss how much we enjoy drinking, and anti-hangover techniques... But here I was hoping to learn something about the mechanism of how the stomach can influence the composition of the blood stream in a matter of minutes. So far I haven't read an explanation that is explaining it all... (Although a lot of valuable contributions have been made).

• 2 months later...

Check this new out about tylenol.....

"A federal advisory panel voted narrowly to recommend a ban on Percocet and Vicodin, two of the most popular prescription painkillers in the world, because of their effects on the liver. The two drugs combine a narcotic with acetaminophen, the ingredient found in popular over-the-counter products like Tylenol..."

http://www.snugd.com/2009/07/01/ban-is-advised-on-2-top-pills-for-pain-relief/