design software

jules

i posted in this section simply because i didn't know where to post.

i am looking for design software, something that will help me plan out my ideas so i dont have to make too many prototypes. something that will i can hopefully use to factor in forces and environmental things such as air resistance, and i want this for as cheap as possible preferably free:D(if not the testing then just the design bit would be an absolute bonus, i know its out there i just dont know where)

or if anyone is making some and wants someone to test it ill be more than happy to lol

For air resistance calculations, you'll need a program for "computational fluid dynamics".

I do not know any such programs that are for free, but with these new keywords you might find one.

Please note that even if you find the program, it's not very likely that you'll understand how it works, unless you know the physics behind it (at least a bit).

look up rhino. its a pretty good one. you can get a bootlegged one for free too if you look hard enough.

but to tell you the truth, i tried it out, and i just would rather draw it out on a peice of paper and build a prototype myself. i think thats one of the funnest parts of it all.

well.. if you know some computational fluid dynamics, however, then writing matlab procedures is not too hard, (rather timeconsuming really) so design software isn't really needed... then again.. if you have a passion for something you wish to develop which comprises this area... one will probably learn it so... not really needed to search anywhere but yourself :)

well.. if you know some computational fluid dynamics, however, then writing matlab procedures is not too hard, (rather timeconsuming really) so design software isn't really needed... then again.. if you have a passion for something you wish to develop which comprises this area... one will probably learn it so... not really needed to search anywhere but yourself :)

In addition, you should know how to optimize a Matlab script so that it doesn't have to run for 24 hrs before giving a result. This can make a massive difference... commercial software has this built-in already.