Need help with Atomic mass and equivalent conversions

KevinD

Hello all, I'm obviously new here. I've got a Physics problem that i need help on. Its really just a converion really. Am working on a mass spectrameter problem and i need to convert the AMU of U235 and U238 to kg in scientific notation (i.e. 0.00x10^-26 kg or something like that). What i have us u235 is 235.043923 and u238 is 238.050783. Thanks!

that really doesnt help me much when i dont understand how that relates to this.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

i also need to mentio that that isnt the answer to the problem but merely gets me started on the problem.

well, i actually went to the professor over the physics department and found the proper numbers. 1u = 1.67x10^-27 kg. so in order to find Uranium 235's mass in kg its 1.67x10^-27 x 235.043923 = the mass of U235 in kg. That's what i was looking for. I just didn know the 1u number which is where the research came in. this all comes from the head physicist and a chart of strange and nebulous numbers.

well, i actually went to the professor over the physics department and found the proper numbers. 1u = 1.67x10^-27 kg. so in order to find Uranium 235's mass in kg its 1.67x10^-27 x 235.043923 = the mass of U235 in kg. That's what i was looking for. I just didn know the 1u number which is where the research came in. this all comes from the head physicist and a chart of strange and nebulous numbers.

And what do you get when you take the reciprocal of 1.67x10^-27 kg? (it really should be 1.66, though)