What'll happen if add extra 8 acid in TCA cycle??

I hope this question will not be too stupid.

I am just very interesting in this subject and I am a beginner about biochemistry.

Well.

I found a new health supplement.

It said people need to supplement extra 8 acid (Citrate, Isocitrate, Oxalosuccinate....) to make TCA cycle work perfect.

What I know is TCA cycle produce these acid step by step and what will happen if add extra acid in it?

I just think it may break down the TCA cycle....or I am wrong???

If won't break your Krebs cycle. It probably won't do anything.

Bear in mind that the cycle is central to your survival, so is pretty damn efficient. Do you really think it needs supplements? Spend your money on something more useful and worthwhile (I recommend Rock Band... oh the fun...)

Maybe it will slightly increase your metabolism. However, its not like your body can't make as much of these acids as it likes, so adding extra is probably not a good idea. Kind of like saying Hey, my body needs heat, I'm going to sit in the oven. In any case though, I doubt that there would be even close to enough of those acids in the supplement to make a difference, kind of like if you were taking water pills to hydrate yourself.

You can overexpress genes in bacteria. However more often than not the results are not quite what you expect, because e.g. the increase of aconitase will result in further shifts in other enzymes. I am almost sure that it has been done already, but my bet is that there are pleiotropic effects.