iPod Shuffle Trouble

Shadow

Hey all,

I'm not entirely sure this is the right section for this, since technically speaking an iPod isn't a computer, so mods please feel free to move if necessary.

I got an iPod Shuffle about 2-3 years ago, and it worked fine until last summer. I was going over to my friends house listening along the way without any problems, however upon my departure a couple of hours later it would no longer function. What happens when I turn it on is the "status light" (not the battery one in the back, the one above the controls) glows green for about 5 seconds like it always does when I turn the iPod on. Then the light switches off, which normally means that I can start using the iPod. Unfortunately in my case what happens when I press any kind of button, be it Play or Volume Up, the green status light and the orange-ish light just bellow it that I never even knew was there start flashing alternately. When I tried to plug it into the computer it gave me some kind of error, it was an "iPod corrupted" one if memory serves. I tried to reset it/wipe it/whatever it's called using iTunes, but it didn't help. It's been quite some time so I'm not sure if it ever even started "wiping" or just gave me an error straight out.

I remember I searched the internet quite a bit for everything I could think of and coming up empty handed, so I sort of doubt there's any chance of repairing it. But just to be sure I want to ask if anything of the sort ever happened to anyone here, and how he/she dealt with the problem.

Cheers,

Gabe

I had one that did the exact same thing. I thought that part of the problem was I was loading songs using WinAmp, since I couldn't download iTunes to my work computer, but could download WinAmp. Long story short, I got the blinky yellow light every time I tried to use it, it wasn't playing anything, and listed itself as corrupted when connecting to the computer. I brought it to the Apple Store, the guy at the counter couldn't fix it, and he gave me a replacement.