Super-painful sprain???

aommaster

Well, this happens to me once in a while, all of the times at night when I sleep.

When I turn at night, it sometimes happens that I get into a position that causes an immense pain, like a cramp, from the knee down to the ankel, at the back of the leg.

It also sometimes happens at the soles of my feet. The pain lasts for about an hour, and then starts to decrease.

What is causing this? Is it the muscle going into a wrong position or something?

Just wondering what was causing it :)

I`ve exactly the same thing myself since I was a child, I was told it was a muscular fatigue brought about by a supine foot arch (I was born with a foot deformity ontop of this problem). perhaps you have a supine foot arch? it`s not uncommon. :)

I used to get the same thing aommaster' date=' for no apparent reason.

It went away on its own.[/quote']

Must be something to do with being in England.Well if the cause is muscle fatigue then I guess dont use your muscles.

I had similar pains from 12 to about 15. They were apparently caused by growth spurts, with the solid bone length increase rearranging the gooey tendons etc in the leg. It causes pain when your inactive because the muscles relax, and allow thingummybobs to move.

Of course, that was just my supergrowth. It could be anything in you, I guess.

I think "my muscles hurt when I use them" is a much better reason to go to the doctor than "my muscles hurt because I don't use them".

WEll in my opinion if anything hurts and you dont know what its from, you should talk to a doctor.

I remember reading that this complaint was related to low sodium in the body. Maybe drinking more water or eating a banana or two as well will help.

Cramp can be cause by low sodium. Part of the reason soldiers are given salt tabs for training in hot/dessert conditions. Sweating hard, you lose a lot of sodium.

Bananas are a good source of potassium. Hardly any sodium in them though.

I hate salt and barly eat it, and dont have any problems.Is that strange?

You may not add salt to your foods, but there is a lot of "hidden salt" in many prepackaged foods, like canned soup or lunch meat.

Well, I do wake up. But then, eventually, there is a position where it pains the least, and in that position, I go to sleep. It is so painful that I can scream out!

Probably just your hormones raging... :D .Try to make them move up more and a little to the left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it really is that painful I should think that you should see doctor, fairly soon.Its not normal Ill say that for sure.

Well ,eventually, within an hour of waking up, it just fades away! I think its just the muscles getting in a jumble and then rectifying themselves slowly! What's going on?Nobody know, only God, the body and my doctor, maybe!