Necromancy filter

In yet another thread that was revived from the dead, Sisyphus said

Seriously. I'd rather not be held to anything I said last week, let alone two years ago.

Is there any way to modify the default vBulletin scripts to make responding to an idle thread something subject to moderator approval (akin to posting to the Announcements threads)? In other words, some user who just came up with a witty reply to a question raised and answered 4 years ago would see a popup "Post marked as pending. This thread has been idle for a long time. Responses to threads that have been idle for 2 years or more require moderator approval."

you`de need something Inteligent to do that, beyond the capability of todays computers.

we have Many threads that do get looked at for weeks/months and sometimes years and would be perfectly fine to post in.

how would it parse a lame digging up of the dead from an entry into the Battery LED challenge or the SFN Yearbook?

If you get a warning the the thread is old (check = no new posts for 365 days?), it would be nice if you also get an easy (1-click) solution to open a new thread, which is linked to the old one. Reviving an old thread can be annoying, but starting to search for information that is already on the forum is just dumb.

The logic is relatively straight forward, though. I just wouldn't know how to program it here in vB. It's essentially:

OnAction SubmitNewPost Do Calculate (Today - LastPostDate)

If Calculation > 365 Then (Send to Mod Queue for Approval)

Else create post.