Gun Ownership and the Tiahrt Amendment

bascule

Seriously though, I think the point he's trying to make is that you don't take a gun out to play with it, you take it out to shoot it. The people that get hurt from escalating a situation by pulling their weapon, tend to be people that didn't really want to shoot it, but rather thought that brandishing it would end the conflict and they wouldn't be challenged to actually use it. Most criminals are far more willing to indulge in violence than law abiding victims so wielding your weapon is not good enough in a close confrontation, like a mugging - you must use it, immediately. Or else don't pull it out at all.

I disagree. You should not point a gun at anything that you are not intending to shoot, but pulling it out is not the same as pulling the trigger. If you point a gun at someone and they pull back or start to leave, I don't think you should shoot. Your talking about a duel.

Having guns loaded and sitting out ready to be fired is probably a much larger threat than criminals - unless you live in a crack ridden neighborhood.

You should not point a gun at anything that you are not intending to shoot, but pulling it out is not the same as pulling the trigger. If you point a gun at someone and they pull back or start to leave, I don't think you should shoot.

I'd agree. If they back off, then I no longer would intend to shoot them. However if you don't intend to shoot them if they don't back off, then pulling the gun will only put your life in danger.