Banned/suspended users are our #1 headline?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, ok... so my point that it's going to scare people away might not be the most likely thing to happen.

It's not the end of the world when nothing changes. This is also not called the "bugfixing" or "major catastrophe" subforum, but it's the "suggestions, comments and support"... do with it whatever you like :D

In the meantime, allow me to point out that the announcement that I-AM-A-GENIUS has been auto-suspended for 3 days has been up there longer than the actual duration of the suspension.

In the meantime, allow me to point out that the announcement that I-AM-A-GENIUS has been auto-suspended for 3 days has been up there longer than the actual duration of the suspension.
It stays for eternity. Edited by Phi for All
trimmed quote

It stays for eternity.

So, not only is the 1st clickable piece of info irrelevant and not giving the friendly impression that we want to give... it's also outdated and incorrect.

That's just another reason not to have that sticking on top of our lovely forum.

... it's also outdated and incorrect.

Does it really matter though? There are dates to when the posts were actually made, so anybody who can do simple arithmetic would know this already. And in this day and age you'd be hard pressed to find someone who can't do basic math, even in third world countries.

So, not only is the 1st clickable piece of info irrelevant
It is not irrelevant. It tells members who is gone, for how long and why.

and not giving the friendly impression that we want to give...
That is not it's purpose. We have friendly impression threads for that purpose and a new member has most likely seen at least two before they get to Announcements.

it's also outdated and incorrect.
That is incorrect. As Reaper says, it is dated on each post, and it is correct to the best of our abilities to make it so.

That's just another reason not to have that sticking on top of our lovely forum.
It will cycle as all posts do, even stickies. It will only be at the top until another sticky is posted to. It will go back to the top temporarily when another user gets himself banned and the thread is posted to. Disabling this function is counterproductive to the thread's purpose and inordinately difficult in terms of time and effort. Edited by Phi for All
speling erors