I need help wth glutamic acid binding site!!!

if anyone here can help me with my biochem. project.

===================================================

Glu binding site: Map out the Glu binding site and explain how Glu binds, you will need to consider the inhibitor phosphothricin as a good analog of glutamate.[7] Indicate which amino acid residues are important in stabilizing Glu in the binding site. Indicate which residues are involved in chemistry.

==================================================

I can not find a single website that is usable for the project.

Thanks in advance!! :)

-J

Looks to me like a docking assignment. The structure of a glutamine synthetases have been resolved. It is likely that in class some kind of docking software has been discussed. Essentially you will have to dock the substrates to the enzyme and see which moieties interact with each other. Either that or check the original papers in which co-crystillization experiments have been performed.

The docking site of phosphinothricin on glutamine synthetase has already been crystallized. You can find the structure at the PDB under the code "1fpy". All you have to do is look at the structure to be able to answer your project's questions. PDB provides ways to view it in your browser, but if you have any questions on doing that, just ask.