About Longhorn 4051........

albertlee

i think that version is still in beta so its not worth using really until the final release (prob a few years). im just waiting for xp sp2.the advantages to longhorn would be a better gui and a few new features probably. ive noticed over the years they are making the gui look more like liunx and mac as they look and feel more comfortable.

MS have been ripping off the mac gui for years. No change there really :)

Can't really see any advantages of Longhorn atm, they seem to be stripping off most of the stuff and putting it into the next release (like the new sql based filesystem). Which means it'll probably never be implemented. Atm, it just looks like another 2000->XP job; keep everything the same and make it look pretty.

To Everybody:

I have tried Windows Longhorn, and it is much slower than XP. It somehow looks like a combination of 2000 and XP. I think it is not suitable for advanced computer users, because some of the functions are forbidden and replaced by easy graphical user interafaces..............

Actually, I feel Windows XP pro is the "best" O.S. I have ever tried....

Just for a review about Longhorn

Any suggestion?

Albert