Feeling the power of the Enterprise.

alt_f13

I just finished watching Star Trek I, and right at the end Kirk describes the heading as, "Out there, thataways."

I was like, man, if I was kirk, I'd throw the inertial dampers out a bit, be like chucking your car into 1st and footting it to the floor for 5 seconds.

That would be sweet at warp 6.

I like both.

(Well, bits of both. Enterprise is an abomination, TOS sucks, and there's no death horrible enough for Jar Jar Binks.)

So true. Every word of it. :D

Star Trek died when they discovered in Voyager that models boost ratings (hence a model in Enterprise).

TOS was ok... when it was made.

And not only was Jar Jar Binks actively ludicrous in Episode 1, he unwittingly helped Palpatine to take power in Episode 2. One wishes that Padme hadn't noticed that his hand was stuck in the pod racer intake before they turned it on. :P

By the way, in Star Trek 1, how did the Enterprise ever manage to create a 3D Tron-style graphics wormhole (with an asteroid in it) just by turning on the warp drive, and why wasn't Kirk court-martialed when his impatience got someone turned inside out in the transporter room?