traveler's mechanics queries and ideas

traveler

This is correct.

That DOES NOT mean that a system can never produce work, and therefore power.

Are you suggesting an outside "spiritual influence" decides when work is accomplished??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

you wouldn't believe how good a therapy it is to argue with a troll, these threads have been keeping me from going completely nuts the last few days.

shrinks can sod off, this is free.

Especially one that knows what he's talking about. :)

Are you suggesting an outside "spiritual influence" decides when work is accomplished??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Especially one that knows what he's talking about. :)

I defy you to actually quote me saying that.

There are straightforward equations that define when work is done. Work= Force x Displacement. I push a box across the ground for 100m, and I've done work. I lift a box up a flight of stairs I've done work. I push on a box, and it doesnt go anywhere, no work is done. A box flies through space, with no force pushing it, and no work is done.

Electrons work the same way as the last scenario.

They don't, otherwise chemical bonds would cease to exist.

I exist, therefore your theory fails.

Gravity holds them together.

I defy you to actually quote me saying that.

There are straightforward equations that define when work is done. Work= Force x Displacement. I push a box across the ground for 100m, and I've done work. I lift a box up a flight of stairs I've done work. I push on a box, and it doesnt go anywhere, no work is done. A box flies through space, with no force pushing it, and no work is done.

Electrons work the same way as the last scenario.

How much time did it take for each measure of displacement to occur, or did you do work with no time?

Gravity holds them together.

ahahaha, i think you just proved you don't know what your talking about there, gravity is pretty damn inconsequential on the molecular level.

electromagnetics rules chemistry with some strong nuclear force and weak nuclear force included in nuclear chemistry.

seriously, have you ever studied ANY SCIENCE AT ALL?

And earlier you argued that gravity was a repulsive force.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=437617#post437617

I didn't say it was a repulsive force, I said the object would get further away from the core. D H has already posted that in order for energy to be conserved the Earth must get further away. I'd say that is true for all bodies (expansion).

ahahaha, i think you just proved you don't know what your talking about there, gravity is pretty damn inconsequential on the molecular level.

electromagnetics rules chemistry with some strong nuclear force and weak nuclear force included in nuclear chemistry.

seriously, have you ever studied ANY SCIENCE AT ALL?

It's all the same.

so where is the energy coming from to move them away? and why do they always fall back down to the origional level after they have been excited by a photon such as in a laser?

They get further away when they are exited, they must to conserve energy, as the frequency can't change, so the distance must increase. As the additional energy is dissipated, the electron must start traveling back to its original position to the nucleus to conserve energy, but constantly moving outward from the nucleus as energy is dissipated in the system as the volume of the system increases.

Edited by traveler

Correct, no work is being done, therefore there is no power, as power=work/time. That means for all of time there has never been, and never will be any power?

As discussed earlier in many posts, threads and IRC chats late at night with you, traveler, as much as you want to fight against this, General Mechanics (force/power/velocity, F=ma, for that matter, and your power definitions) do not explain everything.

As we've discussed on IRC before, the subatomic is not consistent with "F=ma" (which is, btw, by itself, very simplistic, as the actual formula is F=m dv/dx ). Neither do variable stars, for that matter. Quazars are a good example. Good luck explaining those with only F=ma in your arsenal.

you seem to be ignoring everything outside of General Mechanics. Then, things make no sense to you (as they should, since they don't work with that theory, like behaviour of subatomic particles), then instead of doing the scientifically-correct thing and reexamining your methodology, you force your theory on the problem and insist that existing phenomena do not happen.

Ignoring reality does not make reality different than what it is.

I'm locking this thread pending review.

There is a subsystem to an electron, it's called distance.

How do you "apply" work to a subsystem when you can do no work?

You can't just make up definitions, like you're Humpty Dumpty.

I wasn't suggesting "falling through the ground," I was pointing out that since it is so obvious that you CAN'T be "falling through the ground," your velocity towards the center of the Earth is 0 m/s, and your acceleration is therefore 0 m/s^2, since no matter how much time is observed, your exact distance to the center of the Earth remained unchanged.

Centripetal acceleration. It's in physics textbooks.

———

I gave you the benefit of the doubt earlier, and from the looks of things, it seems you've tossed that out the window, stomped on it and set it afire.

I see no reason to reopen this thread.