nika, the new russian generator

Comandante

“The devices generating such power – billions of watts – used to be very large in size before. This appliance has a very short impulse, which makes it possible to have it on a desk – it is a very compact device,”

i'm guessing this is some sort of capacitor device. i mean, a gigawatt is a lot of it is a sustained thing, but if its a gigawatt for a microsecond then it isn't so big a deal.

if you averaged it out, the power output could be substantially less than a kilowatt never mind a gigawatt.

Since it's a single pulse, the output should be expressed in energy, not power. So: Joules, not Watts.

Since the duration of the actual pulse isn't mentioned, we don't know anything useful. We cannot calculate the energy.

If I run hard enough, and slam into a wall and come to a stop in microseconds, I generate gigawatts all by myself. No big deal. That doesn't even mean that I'd impress the wall I just hit.