I'm having hallucinations.....

IIAnnexII

I'm 16 years old and ever since I was about 5 or 6 I would have hallucinations about twice a year. I noticed that it commonly happens when I'm really hot and sweating or when I have a fever.

The hallucinations are about very random things. My most recent one was when I woke up and I saw a tall dark figure walk quickly past the door. A few minutes later (still in the hallucination state) I walked downstairs with my blanket and put it on a chair. Next, I walked back upstairs (still in the hallucination state), layed in my bed, and I thought "where did the blanket go?". Then I started searching all over for it. I then thought "maybe I left it downstairs". Then I went downstairs to look for it. I found it, went back upstairs, and layed in my bed. Finally I was out of the hallucination state. This happened late last year.

Another was when all I heard was voices. The voices were of my friend's and it sounded like they were playing some sport and arguing over something. Like I said, the hallucinations are very random.

My question is why the heck am I hallucinating and is it something I should be worried about. I think one reason could be because of sleep deprivation because I definitely don't get as much sleep as I should. Any thoughts? Thanks for anyone's help.

I'm thinking you need to watch your body temperature a little better. High fevers and dehydration can lead to funny mental states, including hallucinations. Drink more water, and get out from under that blanket when you have a fever.

If your temperature is getting that high during a fever, you really need to see a doctor and get that fever down.

I'm thinking you need to watch your body temperature a little better. High fevers and dehydration can lead to funny mental states, including hallucinations. Drink more water, and get out from under that blanket when you have a fever.

If your temperature is getting that high during a fever, you really need to see a doctor and get that fever down.

Thanks a lot for your help.

my suggestion would be to seek some professional assistance. plenty of experts who can assist you in these matters.

it's also important to remember that most people have voices - they tell us we are stupid, silly, clever, smart, strong, weak ... all sorts of things.

most people also misplace things, or put things in odd places (freezer by mistake, pantry by mistake) as you have described or forget why they have done something or are doing something (going to fridge, cupboard etc.)

most people also see things that are not there or think that they see something.

I'm 16 years old and ever since I was about 5 or 6 I would have hallucinations about twice a year. I noticed that it commonly happens when I'm really hot and sweating or when I have a fever.

The hallucinations are about very random things. My most recent one was when I woke up and I saw a tall dark figure walk quickly past the door. A few minutes later (still in the hallucination state) I walked downstairs with my blanket and put it on a chair. Next, I walked back upstairs (still in the hallucination state), layed in my bed, and I thought "where did the blanket go?". Then I started searching all over for it. I then thought "maybe I left it downstairs". Then I went downstairs to look for it. I found it, went back upstairs, and layed in my bed. Finally I was out of the hallucination state. This happened late last year.

Um, are you sure this isnt some kinda sleepwalking with recall... it sounds odd. Your level of conciousness sounds like it was decreased. I dont think my mind could take seeing a tall dark figure...too X-files.

there is nothing to worry about. many people have hallucinations. i actually practice inducing them. i used to have spontaneuos hallucinations and deulsions that i could not explain or understand and it was the confusion about not understanding that caused me problems.

if your hallucinations are not causing you distress then do not worry. if you notice that certian factors make the hallucinations happen and if you do not want to have these hallucinations then try to prevent these conditions from arising in your self.