Space & Time are non- equiva substances?

I didn't say that. I just said that Space is equally positive as Time is. Negative time does not exist, & negative space does not exist. In other words, the so-called "arrow of time" is somehow "inside" (inherent to) the concept of space, as we are used to represent it. That's all.

• 4 months later...

As time is relative to the observer - (this law is unbreakable) - this then answers the question of negative time.

Let me try to put this in perspective -

You enter a time machine which you have programmed to send you back in time 100 years in the past.

You step inside, press a button and 1/100th of a second later you are transported to 100 years ago.

For everyone living in that time - it is the present, and for them time continues to move forward.

For you, even though you travelled back through a TIMESCALE you have actually travelled forward in time by 1/100th of a second.

Time is relative...a timescale is the only thing you can hope to travel backwards along, however time itself is not a scale but a measurement of physical events that occur regardless of which direction along a timescale you are travelling.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I guess in addition to this (after further pondering the matter)

You could call the "timescale" space.

Which is where the whole space-time quandry comes from.

I postulate that you could travel in a negative direction in space-time, however never in a negative direction in "time" as time is perpetually in forward motion.

Theoretically you could travel backwards in space-time, whilst still maintaining forward motion in time (as for you time still passes positively) yet your position in space-time alters.

My problem with this is - what happens to you in space-time?

Where do i go? Is my body still in the present (as that is where I exist at all times) and as such, can someone in the same room with me continue to see my body located in my time-machine sitting in stasis, or do I simply cease to exist in that persons "present" and all matter is transported away??

I guess this comes down to how you achieved the time travel, and surely that would have to involve acceleration to faster than light speeds, which would mean surely that the entire physical body is required to travel...

At which point tho, because time is measured in part using the speed of light, would time in fact be reduced to negligible amounts of passing or does time cease to exist in the absence of light (or travelling faster than light)

Surely time for me still passes?

This is now officially doing my head in!