Identifing Strange Genetal Bump

SBOMP

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and I'm not even sure I'm in the right place to ask this, but I have a somewhat embarrassing health-related question about a strange red "bump" that has recently appeared on my penis.

I'm seventeen years old, and after coming home from school today I noticed a stiff, sore feeling around the base of my penis when I took it out of my pants to urinate. I didn't think much of the feeling at the time, but after inspecting the region later, I found that about an inch above the penis's base was some sort of pink, pea-sized bump raised several millimeters above the surface of the skin, almost as though some sort of acne blemish had made its way into my foreskin.

I'm a healthy, young boy (though I'm sure you've already figured that out) and, for what it's worth, have never been sexually active in any way. I'm confident that this "thing" is nothing worth worrying about, but I certainly don't want to find myself waking up in the morning with a rotten willie lying next to me.

Believe me, I did quite a bit of research on the subject before turning to this forum, but I was never able to find any convincing possibilities as to what this thing could be. Can anyone offer me any insight?

Could this be some bruise caused by some extreme masturbation session or simply a bizarrely-placed acne pimple?

Thanks!

It's hard to say from limited words on a forum (No! This is not a request for a picture, so don't even freakin' think about it!)

Most likely a pimple. If you're sexually active, see a doctor just in case. If you've only been masturbating, then it could just be the oils from the skin on your hands reacting with that sensitive skin on the penis. You could try putting some pimple cream (like Clearasil or whatever the kids are using these days) on to it and seeing if matters improve.

Note: I'm not a doctor, so could very well be wrong.

Thanks a lot! After checking this morning, I see that it's still like it was yesterday – at least it hasn't gotten worse, I guess.

I was sure it was nothing, and I even suspected something like you described, but still, that's one heck of a weird thing to just look down and notice someday.

Anyways, thanks again for the help.

What it could be is an inflamed hair follicle, meaning either bacteria has got into it or the hair is ingrowing, they will work their way out on their own normally however can be painful and can be pulled out so the hair grows outwards if you can see the hair.

If you aren't sexually active and it has come on in less than a week it is going to be infection related if it is red and a bit painful, which means it should fix itself after a while.

If you are sexually active I would go get it checked out.

First bit of advice is go and see your GP about it. As has already been pointed out it is most likely a case of an ingrown hair that is infected. I've suffered from a similar affliction, thankfoully not in the same place though! If there is what looks like a pore or a darkened area then it may well discharge itself within a few days. However, and I this is a very important point to remember:

GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IT

I know it can be embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as having a recurring problem with your John Thomas.

Most people if they notice something wrong with their penis there straight down the doctors(well, i do that at anyrate).

its not even that embarassing, you won't have anything the doctor hasn't seen before(and if you do you then thats even more reason to get it checked out).