Why time travel wont work

chickenfly23

Because if you were to time travel, you would end up in space because the earth is constantly moving, meaning you will stay in the same relative spot in space, thus the earth could be somewhere else in the suns orbit, leaving you stranded.

I just realized that title makes no sense, it should say "Time travel will leave you stranded"

• 3 weeks later...

After reading the replies to this thread I came up with one distinct reaction. "Position in space relative to what?"

I think there is more to be found about astrophysics as well as the concept and theory of time to really compact it into a state of physical or theoretical measurement.

Perhaps as we move in time we are always in the same space in the now. So would not any method of time travel factor in the movement and transition of photo sensitivity to that now we travel towards and thus move us into that space respectively of the chain of events that brought us from that point in time?

• 4 weeks later...