Michealson Morley Experiments

MrGamma

I watched teh first 2 mins of the video, and it appears to be talking about vacuum fluctuations which is nothing to do with the aether.

Okay... understood... but he is a Nobel Prize winner and I just did a Google search for ether and his name Frank Wilczek and discovered he published a book recently called. ( honest to god... I had no idea... )

"Lightness of Being: Mass, Ether, and the Unification of Forces by Frank Wilczek"

The video gets to the math at about 6:20 minutes in... at 8:50 he claims it to be the one of the greatest achievements in the whole history of science.

What is the difference between a Vacuum Fluctuation and the Aether? Aren't they both the medium through which everything moves?

One of the issues that arises in these discussion is that people resurrect the term "aether" as synonymous with (or at least related to) "properties of space" but it used to mean "the rest frame of the universe." There are two very different sets of implications, depending on which definition you are applying.

Space has properties. But it does not have a rest frame.