alternative to Seqman

hi! All

I was using an old mac and all was well :), then I moved to this new intel mac and I cannot run seqman and editseq which is rather important program for my work. I mostly do site directed mutagenesis and used these programs for sequence alignment to check for mutation,

IF YOU GUYS KNOW ANY ALTERNATIVE TO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

THANKS

RN

Wait a tick. What precisely are you doing with them? Seqman is normally used for sequence assemblies. So do you sequence your putative mutated area and use Seqman to assemble it? Or do you actually need a sequence alignment programm?

Or in other words, what parts of Seqman do you really need? Sequence editors are around aplenty. I have to check whether there are Mac compatibles, though (I normally run them on a solaris or linux system)

yes! I would get the mutated area sequenced and then use seqman to assemble the sequences

do you have any suggestion any program that can assemble and align 4 sequences approx a 1-2 kb each would be good for me.

thanks

thanks will try that, my mac is intel and OSX so hopefully there should not be a problem

doesn't seem to be working on my machine, put the folder in the application folder none of the programs get launched

any ideas??