Outlook Express Newsgroup Rules

Pete

I use Microsoft Outlook Express to read newsgroup messages. I wish to block a particular poster but he changes his handle everytime so that I can't simply use the Block Sender function and killfile him. Outlook Express has a function called "Rules" or something like that, which allows people to select a criterion which will automatically process messages and, if the user wants, to delete certain messages when they arrive. Using this function would allow me to delete these messages because he always posts the same E-mail address in each and every thread.

Question: How do I create a rule which will delete all messages which contain a particular E-mail address?

Thanks

Pete

I've not used that particular email program, but on ours at work we have the ability to add rules.

You can choose what area to scan... the sender, the subject, or the message body.

You then tell it what text or words to look for (in your case, the email addy).

You then setup the action to be performed when the above condition(s) is(are) met.

So, it would be something like this:

IF <message body> CONTAINS <email addy> THEN <send to Trash>.

Like I said, though, I haven't used that particular program, but the rules tend to be programmed similarly across applications.

So, it would be something like this:

IF <message body> CONTAINS <email addy> THEN <send to Trash>.

That was the first thing I tried except that there is no slection like that in the program. I'll post the selections that are available later today. Thanks.

Pete