Crystal Help URGENT!!!

I just did a crysstal making experiment and it went a little wacky. I used Magnesium Sulphate and created a super-saturatedd solution. Let it crystalie for a couple of weeks, and I have HUGE GREAT CRYSTALS.
However, there is also a HUGE problem. He crystals are sooooooooooooooo fragile, that even if I ligtly touch them, they seem to fall apart.
Is there any way tat I can preserve the crystals. Could I coat them with something, to make them stifer?

please help me preserve these beuties!!?

nice pic! and well done :)

it looks like they were grown a little too fast hence all the small ones attatched, but at this stage they are reusable :)

but if you want to keep these specific one in the pic, you`ll have to let them dry naturaly in a cool but very dry area for quite some time, there was nothing in the pic to give it scale sadly so I can`t esstimate how long to dry, but a week at least to be on the safe side.

there are several clear varnish sprays you can purchase from most hobby shops that will do the trick for you, it`ll also provide a level of water resistance from air moisture. you will however lose some of the color reflection from such perfect crystal facets, but the over stability will improve, they will still be VERY delicate though, maybe you could put them in a small glass case to keep the dust off them too if you want to have them as an ornament :)

again, Nice Pic! :)

Scale wise, the big one is about 4 to 5 inches long, by about 1.5 inches, and and inch or so high. The smaller ones are roughly an inch by an inch, to 1 X 2 inches.

Will the varnish sprays not dissolve the crystals, or will they do it so little that it wont be noticable?

And thanks for the comment.:)

hair gell is water based, so that`s a no. hair spray is water soluble, so I wouldn`t use it either.

if you goto a car body shop or a hardware store, they sell clear cellulose varnish, that`s the stuff you need, it`s only about £1.50 and will last you ages :)

my pleasure :)

just remember to do it outside though, despite being very flammable it`s also likely to give you a bad headache if you breathe the fumes in!

besides, it`ll dry better with a good air flow :)

not really "Nasty" exactly, some folks find it quite pleasurable, I actualy like the smell myself, I just don`t like the headache if it`s done indoors.

if you do it in a garage or a shed with the doors open, you`ll be just fine :)

{edit} just do what it says on the tin :)