Best head conducting material

Guest Silver_Platinum

Guest Silver_Platinum

Hi there,

This is my first post in these forums :embarass: so I'm not sure if this is in the right forum. Anyway I currently have this "object" and I want to transfer heat from this object to another. Now what I want to know is what is the best conductor of heat, I'm considering Copper, so can you guys tell me any others!

Help would be greatly appreciated :D

Guest Silver_Platinum

It for a waterblock, to watercool my CPU. The waterblock transfers the heat from the cpu to the water, which is then released into the air via a heatercore

there is a thin type of copper tubing used in refrigerators and freezers, maybe you could make a coil of that and use the Zinc Oxide heatsink compound to attatch it, run your water through that tube :)

it`s only a few mm diameter and should be easily manipulated :)

no, metals have a specific heat capacity and conductance, making it thiner only means that less energy is used to heat it to a specific temperature :)

also for the above with regards to the thin copper tubing, it`s also very easy to solder too :)

It for a waterblock, to watercool my CPU. The waterblock transfers the heat from the cpu to the water, which is then released into the air via a heatercore

Note that solid-on-solid tends to have a lot of small air gaps, which end up being good insulators. You need to add some thermal grease or thermal epoxy (a thin layer) to get cood conduction.

Doesn't anything thinner mean that the heat source is close the the area that he want to transfer the energy to?

if by thiner as in the tube, what it will give is a greater surface area with which the heat may conduct, since the tube cross section is circular, the more winds in contact the better the transfer will be :)