Voltaic cell and electrolysis, simoultaneously ?

Externet

Hi all.

A voltaic cell with a carbon rod and aluminium rod electrodes generates some potential in a container with seawater.

If that voltage is applied to other two platinum electrodes in the same electrolyte in the same container, will they generate some gases ?

Considering that aluminum is made by electrolysis with carbon (graphite) rods, wouldn't it just be more efficient to use the original electricity to do electrolysis rather than add the extra step with aluminum and carbon that later gets reversed?

Thanks for responding. I know too little about this...

The intention is to electrolytically produce any gases from seawater using voltage generated by electrodes immersed in it as a voltaic cell; perhaps carbon and magnesium.

Or, if two dissimilar (connected?) elements immersed in seawater can themselves generate bubbling.

Thanks. Nothing to do with anything, I have no interest in refining nor hydrogen as itself.

I want to produce gases of any kind from seawater electrolysis to create buoyancy that will bring a device in the bottom of the sea to surface after a period of time.