Testing out of courses

Genecks

So, I don't like the way the educational system work. In other words, I'm poor. :eyebrow: socio-economics ftw

What courses at a university have you earned credit via examination?

I'm talking about things, such as physics, chemistry, and biology. If you did tested out of Calc II and/or III, I'm interested.

I emailed a professor at the university I want to go to, and he said I would have to be an enrolled student to test out of organic chemistry. Maybe I'll take some IUAPC exam or something at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champagne.

I could do the stuff at my college. But that's a waste of time. If I go to a university, I'll need the minimum 60 credits from there for the B.S. And me taking the courses at the college instead of the university means I'll need to take something in those courses' place; and I don't want to do that.

The desperate choice is to take 18-credit hours at the university, knowing all the material, and maybe getting some labwork in the side. That would save "some" money, but not a lot. I've had people tell me to take these courses at the college. Supposedly I save money and effort. Uhh, but the jobs in my town suck. And if I did take the classes at the college, I could not get a job, because with the logical setting of the class times, the most sleep I could get with a UPS-type job is 5 hours. No, I don't want to do that stuff anymore. I like my pillow. I was offered a job at the college and recommended by multiple professors. But I wouldn't get more than 20 hours at minimum wage. And to me, that's not enough money.

Also, I forgot to sign up for fall admissions to the university... yep... which means if I went in the spring, I couldn't take Organic II, because Organic I apparently isn't really taught in the spring, ever. I haven't seen it.

Hence, me wanting to exam out of Organic I. But I'm not enrolled, so... I couldn't take the exam to the spring, and then that would be too late.

I believe I have decided to work for a year instead of taking a bunch of 200-level courses. With that said, any money I make will instant be poured into a year at a university, during which I shall become more poor. I'm not too poor, so I can't get a scholarship yet.

But at the same time, I want to save money by getting credit for examination. If I work for a year, I'll most likely have the rest of time hugging academic books with my eyes.

I talked to my professors, and they said they would think of more intensive materials to give me if I asked for them. I'm talking about them helping me with courses the college doesn't even offer. I've learned their fields and specialties, so I can obtain some skills from them, but not a lot. Only three professors have their doctorate's. And I think only three out of 10 there are young enough to know what the universities are like now. That's the only bright side for me maybe staying at the college.

But, then again, I've got a good idea of what higher-level materials I would study and how I would go about doing them, along with making papers to argue about stuff in journals. So, I figure working for a year and studying with my spare time is the better choice. Alas, I'm not sure what to do. But I do want to speed up the process, which is why I want to have credit by examination.

Any experiences with testing out of the 200-level/300-level courses? Physics?