Hi all at SFN

I'm a classic ectomorph at the moment, but ectomorphs are suppose to be born skinny and have super fast metabolisms.

Thing is, I'm going through the prime of puberty at the moment, which means I get a major boost in metabolism. In my elementary years, I was very much an endomorph, but in my teens, I am very much an ectomorph.

My question is this: Is it my metabolism boost that has helped me to become an ectomorph, or is it that I am a true ectomorph ('cause I look like it)?

For those of us that don't know about somatotypes:

Ectomorphs are thin and lanky, have super-fast metabolism and find it difficult to gain muscle.

Endomorphs are rounder. They have higher fat capacity and gain both fat and muscle very easily. However, their metabolism is very slow.

Mesomorphs are in-between the two in metabolism, but gain muscle very quickly with less fat. They are athletic in build and stocky.

I know I have difficulty gaining muscle, but I never considered my self to be all that thin.

I don't ever remember you being an endomorph though.

I do believe it is your metabolism boost, though I can't say for sure.

Right, I still have difficulty recalling, but I see your point.

I don't know, I used to be quite rounded back in the days of elementary school, and over the summer I stretched out, so to speak. I didn't get much thinner, just much taller.

Maybe it's both, you're metabolism picked up, thus allowing you to take the ectomorph form, it was sort of like activating the ectomorph in you!

Preposterous, I know, but it's late, and that's all I can think of at the moment.