a question for school project

Guest lintjosh

Guest lintjosh

hello all. (i accidentily posted this on the wrong forum) I have a question for a school project i'm working on: What would happen to the universe if the electromagnetic force in every atom weakened and no longer bound electrons to the atom?

thanks

josh

It's hard to say really, because so much is based on that strong force.

Basically, you'd have nuclei and single electrons flying everywhere.

No compounds, no bonding, because no atoms would have any electons.

Ohhh geeez, I cant immagine, you wouldnt be alive thats for sure, no vision possibly, ah, crazy, nice question though.

of course as for the unverse, no one REALLY knows hat will happen because humans do not fully understand gravity. Bu i think it would all be caos, the entire place would well maybe reak up, nothing would hold, the universe, and world as we know it would be put to an end!

Guest lintjosh

So if electrons were no longer bound to atom then we would have a universe where no chemical reactions were possible. Example: 2 atoms of hyrogen combine with one atom of oxygen to form a molecule of water. So if atoms could not combine to form molecules, would the universe explode or break up? what do you think?

well if it were just the force keeping the electrons in their correct orbitals, then there would be no reason to assume that gravity would be effected, so I imagine that, the elctrons would "leave" and the heaviest part (the neautrons) would all be gravitationaly atracted to each other making a supper dense mass composed of neutrons in the center, with a layer of protons on the outside as they are the next most dense, and then a layer of electrons around that, like layers of an onion.

what it would do after that is anyones guess, but I imagine it wouldn`t be very safe :)