if you cant travel faster than C, then..?

browndn

Hypotherical Q: Lets say a spaceship A was travelling at .8c (C=speed of light) and space ship B was travelling at .8C too but in the opposite direction. So from the frame of reference A, doesn't it look like spaceship B is travelling at 1.6C? am i missing something here?

EDIT: it was just a typo to type 1.8C. and why would it look like it is .9somethingc?

Hypotherical Q: Lets say a spaceship A was travelling at .8c (C=speed of light) and space ship B was travelling at .8C too but in the opposite direction. So from the frame of reference A, doesn't it look like spaceship B is travelling at 1.8C? am i missing something here?

yes, 2 things:

1) UTFSE!

2) .8 + .8 = 1.6 Not 1.8!

yes, 2 things:

1) UTFSE!

2) .8 + .8 = 1.6 Not 1.8!

if i were to use the search engine, then what hell is this site for if anyone can search their question on google? please dont reply if you cant answer please. u seem to be a regular member to this site so please act mature.

oh I`m sorry, I guess I missed the part where I said Google?

Our Search Engine Fool! considering this same question has been done to death at a sum greater than the Planck constant reciprocal!

if i were to use the search engine, then what hell is this site for if anyone can search their question on google?

We have a search engine for a reason. We've answered this question before.

Velocities don't add linearly. However, at low speeds, linear velocity addition is a close enough approximation.

YT, there is no need to be rude to new members. Someone with about 10 posts under their belt probably hasn't spent enough time on the forums to realise how frequently the same questions get asked. Your first reply is like being told by the receptionist to "use the ****ing floor plan".