IR / NMR Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry Help

homierot

Hello! I am having trouble with all of these questions. I have spent about 8 hours on them, and I have given up. If someone could just give me the answers, I would appreciate it a lot.

That's not going to happen at this site. Show everyone what you've got already, and folks will try to help you find the answers on your own. However, you won't be receiving the answers.

So, with those harsh words out of the way, what have you done so far? :)

That's not going to happen at this site. Show everyone what you've got already, and folks will try to help you find the answers on your own. However, you won't be receiving the answers.

So, with those harsh words out of the way, what have you done so far? :)

It is more of our teacher not doing a good job of teaching. There are about 8 or 9 people in my Organic Chemistry class, and no one understands this chapter. It is hard to understand what he is talking about when he talks for 3 hours straight (That is how long my class time is).

To top it off, I have ADD which makes things even harder than what it is. I give up on this assignment. I guess I will just fail it, since I will not get any help here. Thanks though!

It is more of our teacher not doing a good job of teaching. There are about 8 or 9 people in my Organic Chemistry class, and no one understands this chapter. It is hard to understand what he is talking about when he talks for 3 hours straight (That is how long my class time is).

To top it off, I have ADD which makes things even harder than what it is. I give up on this assignment. I guess I will just fail it, since I will not get any help here. Thanks though!

Frankly, I know nothing of your teacher. All I know is that you have come here saying, "I give up. You give me the answers." Since you cannot control your teacher, I suggest you control yourself. I ask again... show us what you've managed to do on your own, and perhaps someone here has HAS put the effort forward may be able to show you the path to take to arrive at the correct answer yourself.

I know some subjects can be difficult. I myself struggled in class from time to time. However, it helps nobody if you just whine about it. Grow up, and figure out how to succeed on your own. That's life.

Now... what have you managed to figure out on your own, and where specifically are you stuck?

Frankly, I know nothing of your teacher. All I know is that you have come here saying, "I give up. You give me the answers." Since you cannot control your teacher, I suggest you control yourself. I ask again... show us what you've managed to do on your own, and perhaps someone here has HAS put the effort forward may be able to show you the path to take to arrive at the correct answer yourself.

I know some subjects can be difficult. I myself struggled in class from time to time. However, it helps nobody if you just whine about it. Grow up, and figure out how to succeed on your own. That's life.

Now... what have you managed to figure out on your own, and where specifically are you stuck?

I just do not understand it. I tried reading the chapter numerous times, and it does not make sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you read the chapter several times I hope you looked up the purpose of each spectra: the IR spectra, NMR spectra and mass spectrometry. Question 3 uses a lot of words, variables and numbers important for each three. You need to figure out which piece of given information goes with what. This means looking up all the words from the question in the chapter (e.g. base peak).

iKnow is right in that you won't get answers here. Don't give up though.