The entire reason changing the past is impossible

Zeo

Do you think this is true?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think this is true?

• no
    • yes
    • umm...
    • how should I know? I'm too stupid to understand...

I think that even if one was cloned that they are still another individual and not the original, so that might still not work. Now if you were to make 2 clones...na that would not work...well...

What if you found a way to change from 3D to 4D and then you could travel back and watch without being able to change anything and no one would see you. If no one seen you and you could change nothing, the timeline would not be affected and nothing would be changed.

Just a thought,

Leia

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If "matter cannot be created nor destroyed" then wouldn't traveling backwards in time violate this rule? If the sum of all the contents in the universe = x' date=' and you sent n material back in time, wouldn't x + n make the universe pop in some manner?

And even if it were possible, wouldn't sending something backwards in time, even if it were on atom, cause a paradox because that one atom would interact with the older universe?

These kind of questions have always led me to believe time travel backwards is impossible.[/quote']

Essentially, I guess that's true. But couldn't you expand that Conservation rule to include the Universe as a Time-Continuum, or rather, as an entire concept, including it's beginning and end?