Forever Cute!

YT2095

I`m putting this in here as my idea belongs on a Toxic Cuteness dump, but an idea occurred to me after reading another thread, that Since Kittens are by far the "Cutest" of all pets.

would it possible to make a "Drug" or something that could arrest their physical development in such a way that they remain as Kittens?

(I don`t give a damn about the "Ethics" or PETA and that garbage so keep your rants to yourself!)

is it Possible?

Just physical, the mind should be left intact I think, and I don`t mean anything that will make them live forever either, just arrest the part that makes them mature.

maybe some sort of Growth hormone antagonist or something???

i was thinking about that as well. or mabye growth supression drugs? i am not sure about kittens but for humans things like: Cortate, Cortisone Acetate, Cortone Acetate, Florinef, Fludrocortisone can result with growth supression... so there must be some drugs that have same result on kittens. maybe the same ones? not sure though.

EDIT: i have no idea how these might influence the mind

I knew a girl once who's next door neighbour had a little white cat. It had something wrong with it so that it never got bigger than when it was a kitten. They think it had some sort of mental dammage as well as it perminantly had it's tongue hanging out and sometimes it went diagonally instead of straight. Very cute!

I`m more interested in arresting any physical development to be honest, as there`s not MUCH difference between a cat and a kitten in behavior, unless they`re really Chronologically old in which case it`s to be expected.

I would say that if such a thing seemed in any way plausible, then some crackpot surgeon (whose degree came from the Weeties box) would be working on setting up some sort of practice (or pretend research centre) to attract some celebrity interest ($). Cats are not on their priority list, but if we havn't seen some ridiculous 'scheme' for people, I would say we ain't gonna see it on anything.

Josh

well kitten and grown up cat are somewhat different. and for cuteness the grown up is less playful. so i think mental counts as well... not as much as physical but still.

anyways. i thing you had some sci-fi answers :rolleyes: so i leave this thread to wait some answers from veterinary people who know exatly what they are talking about. :D

I would say that if such a thing seemed in any way plausible, then some crackpot surgeon (whose degree came from the Weeties box) would be working on setting up some sort of practice (or pretend research centre) to attract some celebrity interest ($). Cats are not on their priority list, but if we havn't seen some ridiculous 'scheme' for people, I would say we ain't gonna see it on anything.

Josh

I disagree, it may well be possible and Maybe even been Done, but who is going to legally sanction such a thing?

That coupled with the laughable outrage it would create amongst the tree-hugging-hippy-do-gooders likely to petrol bomb your house...

That maybe the reason it`s not been heard of or available to the public.

One of the biggest aspects of cuteness is simply having big eyes and a large head compared to the rest of the body. Kind of like a baby. In this way, all juvenile mammals appear much cuter than the adults.

I think it would be possible to make cats permanently look like kittens, though I would much prefer a selective breeding approach, or knocking out developmental genes than doing surgery.

Edit: I think having "baby fat" also helps with cuteness.