to get sulfur (g)

frosch45

1)Rotten eggs make the gas H2S (hydrogen sulfide) right? If I was to bubble this through water would I have this as an aqueous solution?

2)then could I perform electrolysis on the water and get the hydrogen and oxygen out? or would boiling the water be better and leave solid sulfur behind?

3)better yet is there any way from common household products or easily available products to get sulfur in a mostly pure form (its more interesting rather than buying it)

4) just out of curiosity is there any random store that sells pure sulfur

What is it with you and this kinds of stuff anyway? Sodium, chlorine, sulfur, fluorine? If you want to die so badly, just jump off a building. Not to discourage you or anything (chemistry is fun), but are you in any way aware of the dangers of those elements?

more than, actually im not really doing the expiriments at this point, just getting educated, and im probably not going to even end up doing it

i dont even have any lab equipment

its just really fascinating that two completely seaparate and unlike substances can do extraordinary things together

1) you won`t get much dissolve in the water at all.

2) you won`t get it out that way although you may form polysulphides.

3) Yes photography chems can give you a Little bit, esp the thio sulphates.

4) you can buy sulpher from certain shops, yes.