Guess what!!!

Ice_Phoenix87

I went to the hardware store today, and asked if they had sodium nitrate. They said they didnt but they can order it in, so i looked at the list of chemicals they can get in. IT HAS KNO3 lol. finally somewhere that can get me KNO3. Save me heaps of time than making it. Its cheap too. $31 for 25kg. I will probably make it just for fun too. Anyone got any excuses why i am going to buy KNO3 that i can tell the guy behind the counter :P I cant really say i am making fireworks. LOL

When i bought HCl and CuSO4 from the hardware the guy said

"Your not making a bomb with that are you?" lol

So yeah,

From Ice_phoenix87

since you`re Australia based, this would be the wrong time of year for you (or most anyone) to buy that quantity as it`s neary coming into winter for you and not much is done on farms with regards to plant feed. so you`re left with only one alternative, tell them that your mom or dad preserve their own Hams over the winter months in the smoke shed, potassium nitrate, house salt, sprices and sugar are used in this procces, if you can sell your Ham making story, 25kg`s isn`t an unusual amount to purchase :)

Good luck :)

lol, well when i went in and asked for the soda of nitrate i said it was for my agriculture teacher and i said i might see if my ag teacher wanted another nitrate instead of sodium nitrate because they didnt have it and plus i saw KNO3 on the list. So hopefully i can still keep that story going.

nice one :)

just remember to store them in a very dry place and away from flamable materials (that includes wood). the stuff is NOT inherantly dangerous as is incapable of exploding when stored as the pure chem. keep the sodium nitrate espcialy dry though!, you may wake up next day to a large puddle where your bag was :)