psi20 said in post # :

If we just mutate when we feel like it, does that mean that if i continually sky dive, and my children sky dive, and their children sky dive, one day, our family will have bones fragile enough to lift off and fly? :)

no, Mutations occur in germ line cells, that is, in one of the ovum or sperm that made you. The mutations are random, and then selected for via selective pressures, generally before breeding age.

Human,Chimp,Gorilla,Orang utan......are there any more? Also, I doubt that 1 hybrid would cause that. I'm more ready to think of mass mutation. Not evolution for survival, but evolution due to triggered mutation as a cycle of life. Like our genes break down over many generations. All humans carry 5 mutated genes, what if the number rises over time?

• 1 year later...

Horses and donkeys are further apart genetically than humans and chimps.Humans and chimps are less than 2% dis-similar.Humans and gorillas are just a little more less similar than humans and chimps.A hybrid would be possible.It would have to be a test tube baby.A male ape does it doggy style,it's the only way it knows.A human vagina is thrust more forward than an apes and the human butt makes the vagina even further away.Add to the fact that an ape has a small penis compared to a human.A human male could do an ape doggy style,theoretically,I would think the ape would have to be drugged.All it would take is a mad scientist and we could see a Humanzee,an Orang-Human or a Hurilla.