flourescent spectrum

Norman Albers

I had a good conversation with the stock woman at the BiMart electrical section. She was highly knowledgeable and we got down. We both celebrated Christmas light strings of LED's consuming a small fraction. Then she said, I do not like the screw-in flourescents for color quality in my home. I said, wow, interesting, because I like them as being sufficiently yellow to feel good. Thinking back, I adapted a yellow brass fixture which holds two 15 W screwins. I told her I appreciated her opinion and we were cool. What do other people experience in this conversion?

Mine are 2700 degrees and are common in the market here. Maybe there's older stock.

We cannot expect everyone to be as we are so what I will say to this person is that fixtures can help color, including lampshades. Also, I do use my more red-toned 40W incand. running on a 'LOW' wall switch presumably around 20W as I once described my kitchen as otherwise flourescent.