Laser Electricity

foodchain

Could you make electricity appear like a laser in form? I was thinking last night maybe with the use of various fields you could suspend some kind of material and have it arrange as to conduct electricity as fine as possible if not do other things.

You can have an electron beam, like in a CRT (or electron microscope or host of other devices), but there isn't the coherence as in a laser, you need a vacuum, and the beam tends to force itself apart.

My guess is this desire to separate by the beam becomes more and more apparent at say larger distances?

As for the vacuum issue, that’s one reason I was thinking of various fields, is it at all possible to maintain say a series of potentials or even a gradients of such on a microscopic scale say for like an half an inch in length?

Overall I am thinking if you could get the right stuff and obtain uniformity of it down to a certain precision along with the ability to have that change at points you could control the appearance of electricity.