China's Manned Space Program

KrisSam

Why messed up? It's not like we're talking about nuclear weapons or anything... it's science, and it's about damn time, too.

It took the U.S.A some pressure from Russia and the cold war to invest in the importance of Space Exploration in the first place. Maybe some pressure from China will FINALLY get the U.S.A to invest funds and resources in continuing Space exploration.

I could only hope.

Why messed up? It's not like we're talking about nuclear weapons or anything... it's science, and it's about damn time, too.

Mooey, he meant the audio track of the video, it undulates and sounds a bit inhuman at times. ie. it sounds messed up butthe content isn't.

and yeah, i hope this sparks off a new space race.

also, i believe that the tremendous rate of progress for the chinese is due to the technology and science already existing in scientific documentation. they don't have to create it themselves(until they fully catch up and possibly overtake). i just hope the governement will be willing to allow new discoveries to be shared, the chinese gov is still a it of a control freak

Mooey, he meant the audio track of the video, it undulates and sounds a bit inhuman at times. ie. it sounds messed up butthe content isn't.

uhhhh....

haha.. OOPS... :P

and yeah, i hope this sparks off a new space race.

also, i believe that the tremendous rate of progress for the chinese is due to the technology and science already existing in scientific documentation. they don't have to create it themselves(until they fully catch up and possibly overtake). i just hope the governement will be willing to allow new discoveries to be shared, the chinese gov is still a it of a control freak

I recently bought (in black friday recently! 15 bucks instead of 90.. w00t!) HBO's "From the Earth to the Moon" the signature edition. Other than literally *sobbing* whenever they showed JFK's speech and the actual landing on the moon ("The eagle has wings! / The eagle has landed!!") I couldn't stop being so impressed at what countries *do* for their "ego".

I *so* hope this happens again.. we seemed to abandoned the space race completely, and if we managed to get from *nothing at all* to LANDING - repeatedly! - on the moon within 7 years or so, think what we could do within 10 years if we have the same kind of pressure in our current day technology.

Someone call the chinese....