Global Cancer statistics

Some genes are identified as cancer prone.

International Agency for Research on Cancer (click on GLOBOCAN 2002 or other data base)

healthcare variables: cancer reporting compliance and capability, diagnostic paradigms, cultural impediments (ie sari's in Islamic countries), medical facilities, cultural perception of healthcare

environmental variables: solar UV exposure, weather, food stuffs and vitamin intake, water supply contamination, regional pathogans, industrial toxicity

physiological variables: age, sex, early non-cancerous death, genetics

North Korea and South Korea have almost identical statistics.

797606851e51a2c0554be3d535a01daab81847.png

79760915135acae2e8a73be7eb07a62dbc0534.png

Your thoughts?

I wonder what the cause of the huge difference between Male and Female mortality in certain places.. like, look at China.. there seems to be EXTREMELY high mortality rate for Males, and quite low mortality rate for Females..

And eastern Africa seems to have the exact opposite effect... more females than males mortality..

Intriguing..

China seems to follow the general male/female trend. As you can see the colors are defined differently in the two maps.

In Africa there isn't just this reverse trend but there is a contrasting population surrounding the hole. Even similar populations of displaced Africans, in the Caribean and elsewhere (not the African Americans) where the population is jungle thick, exhibit steep trends in what seems to be "unpenetrated" areas. It is rare that such areas encompass an entire country. Part of this may be a susceptibility to cervical cancer but that's not genocide.

Eastern Europe has a large number of lung cancer deaths in males. Otherwise the Ukraine and select surrounding populations have a very low rate of cancer. Some of these countries paid for the institutionalization of incurable insanity during WW2. I would not be surprised to see a link between a cancer and mental deficiency.

Some of this data may be off the mark on several counts. Data shows, historically, reported figures have swung wildly between extremes.

Cancer is a funny thing. The cancer cells have DNA missing, particular fragments that other cells have. What difference this makes or why these regions are deleted in very specific cancers?

From the gene data, the global cancer statistics, historical records and photographs of gene pool entrants, my own clandestine epidemiological investigations and some figurin' and reconin':

The sonic hedgehog locus plays a part in enviro-sensitive cancers. Particularly lung/oral/esophageal/pharynx cancers (they may be an over lap) seem to have a variety of deletions but seems to be the same set of deletions. There seems to be an aggravating effect induced by cigarettes, but also plain old tobacco. Nicotine itself is a poor carcinogen.

The genes on the sonic hedgehog locus I suspect are responsible for these types of cancers are in the gimap series. The 7 or so gimap proteins hold the genes together. A defect in these proteins would result in DNA being lose in the nucleus, exposing it to damage. When damage does occur the site is excised from the chromosome.

Individuals like George Custer tend to escape notice. Partly because the SSH locus produces a variable dysmorphia that often mild. Thus there may not be resemblance between individuals. ie Ariel Sharon, George Custer, the guy who had Lincoln shot:

804667365354d70ad4cbd9fe36549f40c30bb7.jpg

and this guy in found in East Africa

8046591527e1846f4c4398c76e1fcc62910d10.jpg

or slave runners daughters

804676988e5946710c60986167529118035001.jpg

or the armless Brazilians.

The mentality is the same. And so are the cancers.

• 2 weeks later...

Vampares:

From the gene data, the global cancer statistics, historical records and photographs of gene pool entrants, my own clandestine epidemiological investigations and some figurin' and reconin':

The sonic hedgehog locus plays a part in enviro-sensitive cancers. Particularly lung/oral/esophageal/pharynx cancers (they may be an over lap) seem to have a variety of deletions but seems to be the same set of deletions. There seems to be an aggravating effect induced by cigarettes, but also plain old tobacco. Nicotine itself is a poor carcinogen.

The genes on the sonic hedgehog locus I suspect are responsible for these types of cancers are in the gimap series. The 7 or so gimap proteins hold the genes together. A defect in these proteins would result in DNA being lose in the nucleus, exposing it to damage. When damage does occur the site is excised from the chromosome.

1. A locus is the site of a gene. There can be many alleles (= forms of a gene) associated with the locus. So your hypothesis has lost some credibility because you don't have the background science correct.

2. SHH is a HOX or developmental gene. The pathway of signalling by SHH has been implicated in several cancers: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez (if this doesn't have the papers, just enter the search term "sonic, hedgehog, cancer")

So you're hypothesis didn't come from your studies and is not original to you. It has been around in the scientific literature for quite a while and there is considerable direct evidence of a relationship of SHH and some cancers. If you thought you had a new idea, then I'm sorry. You've been scooped.

3. Gimap proteins are nucleotide binding proteins BUT function in T cells alone. Thus, they would not play a role in causing cancer in non-T cells (such as lung cancer where the cells that become cancerous seem to be progenitor lung stem cells).

I've been schooped.

"There can be many alleles"

Yes and it seems to me that there should be one or virtually none. They are "mutations". They are unique. If there is one thing Darwinian evolution tell us: at replacement rate of reproduction they should not increase and they should not decrease in number (beyond statistical fluctuation). In fact, the homozygous individual would be impaired and there should be a net loss, since we do not eliminate a negative homo in this case.

This would suggest to me that the gene is changing. It is mutating.

"So you're hypothesis didn't come from your studies and is not original to you."

No, I am not prompted to investigate the crevasses of human decay. I have no study. I might open up a clinic, however. This all should have been done. I should have the information, if not in textbooks, as a clear an concise statement of fact, theory, observation, striking leads, a trend, interjection, pie chart -- something. Something that doesn't make me look like I am swinging at the air.