MOAB is history

YT2095

As with much of what happens in Russian militarily these days, this is mainly for show. The most revealing thing about that video was the use of a Blackjack to drop the bom-bah. They've only got a few of those, and mainly use them for airshows and displays and movies and such. Low-alt Mach-1 overflights of terrorist camps with the bomb bay doors open. Stuff like that. Whatever publicity a growing military dictatorship needs.

Even I could hear the "Americansky" and "Bush" words scattered throughout the report.

As with much of what happens in Russian militarily these days, this is mainly for show. The most revealing thing about that video was the use of a Blackjack to drop the bom-bah. They've only got a few of those, and mainly use them for airshows and displays and movies and such. Low-alt Mach-1 overflights of terrorist camps with the bomb bay doors open. Stuff like that. Whatever publicity a growing military dictatorship needs.

Even I could hear the "Americansky" and "Bush" words scattered throughout the report.

blimey I`m impressed you can speak Russian, I gather you understood the Context these were said in also?

Don't speak a word of it, just if you listen closely you can hear those two words throughout the report. I admit the phonetic "-bush-" is perhaps common in many Russian words, but I don't think "American-ski" refers to foreign tourists at winter resorts in the Urals. (grin)

As for the context, it's not hard to imagine what it was. Even if all they did was mention the American MOAB, they have served Putin's purpose well. That's why he made it.

Well, that and to drop on movie theaters full of hostages, I suppose.

Does no one remember the Czar bomb? The Russian nuclear bomb so ridiculously impractical that it couldn't even be tested at full capacity without dropping fallout all over the world? Or the Kirov class battlecruisers, or the Typhoon submarines, or... need I go on?