Annoyed?

When I here certain things i get overly annoyed at them. Like i have to basically ignore my math teacher to not become infuriated at her using the word "okay?" before and after every sentence. I usually only get annoyed by habits that people have like switching your foot up and down. A person could have a habit that they do a thousand times and i wouldn't get annoyed but once I notice it I began to notice it more and more. So only people I tend to spend a lot of time with begin to annoy me. The funny thing is the over use of the word okay is the thing that annoys me most because i have heard it overused by every math teacher I have ever had. Is this AS? because I'm not antisocial and I don't think I'm that clumsy.

I think it is probably something that you can fix on your own, like biting your fingernails. The truth is that nobody in this world is perfect, most likely because everybody has their own definition of perfect. With 5 billion people in the world, you would set yourself up for a lot of annoyances.

When people get annoyed too easily, they are generally looked down upon. But you are still young, so you have plenty of time to fix it. Just think about it this way. You have more fun if you don't. Unfortunately, it is impossible for any one person to change the world. Believe me, I would know. :)

When I here certain things i get overly annoyed at them. Like i have to basically ignore my math teacher to not become infuriated at her using the word "okay?" before and after every sentence. I usually only get annoyed by habits that people have like switching your foot up and down. A person could have a habit that they do a thousand times and i wouldn't get annoyed but once I notice it I began to notice it more and more. So only people I tend to spend a lot of time with begin to annoy me.

If people you like or know very well, have an annoying habit, and you confront them about their habit, I've found it can be turned around into a joke...especially if it's something quite unique to them, or something they didn't even realize they were doing.

However, if you feel uncomfortable about confronting them about a habit, or you know they will react badly, then the annoyance will escalate.

It's funny you've mentioned this, just today, I literally blew my top while I was trying to concentrate, due to this woman at work. I've had five years working with this woman, and we don't get on...at all. In fact we're at completely different ends of the spectrum in many respects. We try to stay out of each others way, and only talk when work requires it, which sounds hideous, but it's not that bad.

The issue, is that due to my long tenure with working with this woman, I know confronting her about my irrational loathing of her habit will cause more friction between us. Unfortunately she's had problems in the past with other people, just because of 'the way she is', and I don't think she could handle any more criticism. However, because I can't confront her about this habit, it makes it even more intolerable.

All she does is, while at her desk, is make little 'mmmm' noises, and witters to herself. However in the same breath, she'll sing for a little bit, then say 'Oh for God's sake', and then make more 'mmmm' noises. Unfortunately, she is undeniably stupid, but puts on this pretense she's really clever...and it fails horribly, and it's actually quite insulting. Half of me feels sorry for her, and the other half wants to grab her head, and smash it repeatedly into her monitor...'mmm' that you f*ckwit!

So I sympathize with your situation with your maths teacher...maybe if you did mention it to her, do you think she'd see the funny side.

Just to add, I know people that have quite endearing habits, and it makes them who they are, but it's certainly subjective as to what habits a person finds appealing, and the opposite, irritating. Sometimes it's good to question why you find it irritating...however this just hasn't worked with regards to the woman I work with. Believe me, I know how petty it may seem getting worked up by such a thing, but you need to understand how long this has been tolerated, and that my job gives me the freedom to study part time...so I'm still working on how to rationalize this annoyance. :)