understanding the concept of "nothingness"

Neutrino-pop

This is my first post, I have a question and would love to get some feedback.

What are some current thoughts or explanations of the concept of "units" of nothingness existing.

Here are mine please someone explain how I am proven wrong.

On an abstract level we can understand what nothingness describes. But by definition it is a contradictional essence. Simply by being catagorized as nothing the presumed nothing instantly trancends into being something.

But what if the so called "nothingness" (for lack of a better word) follows the concepts of nothing while being something. The one property of nothingness would be to not have anyother properties other than not having any properties.

Would this make since at all. It seems to me like I could attempt to unify many things with this line of thought.

yes I understand that, but does that automatically mean we don't even consider nothingness in an equation? It just seems that if there was a substance that retained properties of not allowing any other propeties this could count for many things. And philisophically we can understand nothing as an abscence of something, but the fact that we can consider that absence has an effect on what it is not. A vaccum creates a change in pressure of matter right?

yes I understand that, but does that automatically mean we don't even consider nothingness in an equation?
Sort of do, sort of don't. If we have an equation that models a system based on some initial conditions then occasionally one of those conditions (air pressure, for example) will be zero. Whilst when it is zero the term might as well not be there, the general laws will require that it is.

Although zero values might not be what you're on about.

Curiously though, nothingness isn't something we risk coming across all to often. Empty space doesn't stay empty for long, there will always be some hydrogen atom just flying through or a virtual particle popping into existence just to say hello. The quantum foam will forever be doing its thing, moving about being of at least some significance to any passing observer.