Power supply dead?

blike

I got a new (my dad's old) surge protector yesterday, and I think it killed my PC! I plugged everything in and it all worked fine for a night. Today while plugging in the printer, I bumped the surge protector and both my PC and my monitor lost power. Neither of them would turn back on. After fiddling with the cord, I found that the monitor would come on if I jiggled the cord right. Anyhow, I got that all sorted and the monitor works fine, but the PC is absolutely dead. It won't even power up. I've swapped power cables, outlets, etc., etc., all to no avail. I suspect that the power supply has kicked the bucket. It was fairly cheap, and I've had it for about a year and a half now. Am I right in suspecting the power supply? I figure that if it was any of the hardware that burnt out, I'd at least get power to the LEDs / fans. But I get absolutely nothing.

Any suggestions?

Totally dead -> Most likely power supply yes.

Check for fuses, either placed near the AC power intake or inside the supplybox...

EDIT: Make sure to unplug the power cable before replacing or touching, the fuses.

It says on the unit that there are no servicable parts inside -- does that mean there is no fuse? I read that some power supplies don't have fuses, and that unless you know what you're doing it's probably not a good idea to open the power supply box.

So I guess I should just buy a new power supply and hope that was the problem :P