The surge isn't working

bascule

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Clinton thinks the surge is working....

I hope you are being ironic.

Do you really believe that anything Clinton or any other presidential candidate says on Iraq or any other subject is based on anything other than what's best for their campaign?

You may think Clinton is a great person and judge of the situation in Iraq. You have great belief in the gal. I think she is a calculating wann-a-be president who doesn't fart without measuring the impact on her campaign.

I hope you are being ironic.

Do you really believe that anything Clinton or any other presidential candidate says on Iraq or any other subject is based on anything other than what's best for their campaign?

You may think Clinton is a great person and judge of the situation in Iraq. You have great belief in the gal. I think she is a calculating wann-a-be president who doesn't fart without measuring the impact on her campaign.

I look at it this way...when a politician gives a speech and the media spends two hours talking about what it really means, then it's pretty obvious to me the consensus is that politicians lie, and we're all supposed to pick apart their lies to find the little nuggets of truth or what they really stand for. If you have to analyze what they said, rather than just take in their words like anyone else...

Elections and debates, town-hall discussions, basically a big joke here in america. You can't believe what anybody is saying unless it's unpopular. Clinton is going to say the military is brave and successful - whether she believes it or not. She's also going to say some line about "our prayers are with the family's of the victims" or some equivalent lip service requirement. Whatever they think the american people want to hear, she and her aspiring band of presidential wannabe's are going to say it.

There's only one guy saying the unpopular thing, in this case the truthful thing. Only one presidential wannabe is willing to say the emporer wears no clothes...I won't say it cuz I know you guys are tired of hearing it...

The latest National Intelligence Estimate paints a rather mixed picture of the surge's effectiveness:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=13920438

So.. does that mean it includes some good news, which you questioned earlier whether existed at all? >:D

But yes, I agree, and I was about to post something about this as well -- you beat me to the punch! One summary in a news story I read said that while there is some security progress in specific neighborhoods, the overall violence is pretty much where it has been.

Not that I think this confirms that we're proceeding incorrectly or that it couldn't work if the world pulled the other arm out from behind its back, but I agree that it will likely mean withdrawl in April. About six months after my prediction following the 2006 election. Oh well.

FWIW I can't stand her. I was only pointing out the anti-surge crowd that one of their own was making the claim that the surge is working...