Reversible reactions

aommaster

Ok, i already know that the making of ammonia is an example of a reversible reaction. When u increase the pressure, the forward reaction is encourages. Can u give me an example where the backward reaction is encouraged when the pressure is increased? Thanx alot guys!

aommaster said in post # :

Ok, i already know that the making of ammonia is an example of a reversible reaction. When u increase the pressure, the forward reaction is encourages. Can u give me an example where the backward reaction is encouraged when the pressure is increased? Thanx alot guys!

Rewrite the equation so it goes the other way.

ah...too much theory, not enough thought on my part. Yeah.

Of course in this sense lots of reactions are not reversible. YOu can always get random side products. WHile in theory, all reactions could be reversed.

OK, so for reversible, how about Sodium being added to water. Yeah, i think that is a pretty good one, have to think about it, but i have to grade now, so i will try that one for now :D

OK, so for reversible, how about Sodium being added to water. Yeah, i think that is a pretty good one, have to think about it, but i have to grade now, so i will try that one for now :D

Sodium would burn/explode, and so I doubt that it's possible. I don't think you can make sodium compressing hydrogen and sodium something (I forgot the rest of the name). Unless the :D means you were being sarcastic, I wouldn't know.

Na (sodium) won't explode, it will sizzle a little and make a little light though. If you want something to explode in water you want Francium. It will completely explode on cantact with water, because of the oxygen in water.

I think that You can reverse a reaction. If it took in energy to react, then take energy out, and visa versa. It seems logical.

The question is not whether a reaction can be reversed - many reactions are reversible and reach a state of equilibrium.

And francium would explode in theory, yes. You might encounter a problem in the fact that it doesnt occur naturally though, and when it is created it decays almost instantly.You're thinking of caesium.

Although for reactions Dalton Law of Partial Pressures usually comes into play, if you add a constant volume of a gas, so that the overall pressure increases, then the volume would be constant so NO change to concentration and NO change in shift.

an easier one that you perform in the lab is that of Lithium Nitrate, the nitrate complex will easily dissasociate with the lithium under temprature, and then quite easily recombine again as the resultant after heating is LiOH and the nitrate complex :)

don`t kid yourself into thinking this same reaction will work with any other nitrate salt, it wont :)

in addition, there are other reactions (more simple) that will occur under pressure and heat, that will revert back to their original states before these conditions were applied.

hmmm.... cause my teacher was telling me that there are some reactions that the lower the pressure, the more the forewards reaction. As for wolson's one, the more the presure, the more the forwards reaction to making ammonia!

YT, i don't understand ur reactions, could u please explain further?