Guitar Hero Circuit Boards

jordan

Hey everyone again. It's been a long time since I've checked things out here on SFN. A lot of changes...

Anyway, tonight I finally got around to taking apart an old guitar hero controller. I've kept the circuit boards thinking there might be something interesting they could be used for. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about circuits and electronics (really my weakest area in engineering studies so far). So does anyone have any ideas on something good that this can be used for and how one might go about doing so? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't doubt someone has tried that, bascule. However, I don't think it's too feasible. You've got to have the bridge, and its action, and so many other things. Tuning the strings. Switching to a different note...

I'm talking about completely removing everything from the guitar body and replacing it all with the guitar hero components, sans the stupid gimpy switch, and replacing that with a piezo mounted on a metal plate covered with a rubber pad