DOS commands. Been a while, but which ones are the old ones.

Genecks

Throughouts the decade, DOS commands have been altered and changed. I know there is MD and mkdir these days, but I can't remember which ones are the really old ones. Does anyone know? I can't quite remember, but I probably have some books I could digup around this house. I'm planning on creating a batchscript to use on various types of Windows computers. In other words, different Windows OSs. I can't remember if I can use the same kind of MS-DOS commands on all versions of Windows or if I have to change them a little bit because of customization and changes through the years.

Anyone an oldschooler with some info? I know this question is quite rare, and I guess I could solve it with a couple of days of research. It'd have to take a lot of reading and research, though.

Your answers can be found on Google search. I'm not an old schooler but I use DOS commands all the time... and they all work in Windows XP. For example, I play an online game which records events to my computer in the games subdirectory. I don't want to keep them because they record sensitive words so I made a dos command that runs each time my computer boots up which erases them all, then reloads the directory again with just mine.

I have yet to have a problem...

Bettina