The Black Hole at The Center of The Universe

Well, what do you think the other 3/4 of the Universe is doing ?

Well, Spyman, I think it's also Speeding Up (S/) and Cooling Down or Losing Temperature (T\) as well as Decompressing (P\).

Together with Hubble's Expansion (E/) these letters make a pattern, (S/) (T\) (E/) (P\) or simply S/T\E/P\.

Hope you can see that?

... his mum?

Now, why don't we just leave my mum out of this, I.A... sorry, had to be said.

...on a more serious note, what does this have to do with a black hole at the centre of the universe? not that there even is a centre

Everything has a center - I don't know anything that doesn't - and the letters S/T\E/P\, like that, simply describe, in my opinion, what the Cosmos is known to be doing.

Are we in agreement so far?

if there is a centre to the universe, where is it. i'd like you to point in the direction of the centre of the universe and show me the black hole there.

i'll even help you out. from our perspective based on where we are in the universe, it appears that we are at the centre. it would appear this way from anywhere in the universe.

and what does a pretty pattern have to do with anything? i can arrange most things to make an appealing pattern but it won't necessarily mean anything

Well, Spyman, I think it's also Speeding Up (S/) and Cooling Down or Losing Temperature (T\) as well as Decompressing (P\).

Together with Hubble's Expansion (E/) these letters make a pattern, (S/) (T\) (E/) (P\) or simply S/T\E/P\.

Hope you can see that?

I can see this pattern: S/T\E/P\ = Space Theory Explained Poorly.

...Everything has a center - I don't know anything that doesn't....

Hi astrocat,

This may not be true for the universe...

Isotropy (the property of being the same in all directions) and homogeneity (the property of being uniform) of the universe leads to the cosmological principle (any observer, in any galaxy, would see the same general features of the universe).

Think about this for a while...

The conclusion is that there can be no edge to the universe. And if there is no edge, then there can be no center.

If the universe is infinite, then there is no edge-center problem. But what if the universe is finite? The edge-center problem is addressed by the topology (curvature) of space-time. Depending on the topology, we may very well be living in a finite universe, yet still have no center.

Cheers,

w=f[z]

if there is a centre to the universe, where is it. i'd like you to point in the direction of the centre of the universe and show me the black hole there.

I would say, the center of the Universe is somewhere past the Corona Borealis. I think you know where that is.

i'll even help you out. from our perspective based on where we are in the universe, it appears that we are at the centre. it would appear this way from anywhere in the universe.

and what does a pretty pattern have to do with anything? i can arrange most things to make an appealing pattern but it won't necessarily mean anything

Pretty patterns abound in Nature and can teach us a lot. But what I'm trying to do is to get some concensus here, concerning the behaviour of our Universe. When I say the Cosmos appears to be Speeding Up, Cooling Down, Expanding and Losing Pressure, nobody so far has said I'm wrong.

;343316']Hi astrocat' date='

This may not be true for the universe...

[b']Isotropy[/b] (the property of being the same in all directions) and homogeneity (the property of being uniform) of the universe leads to the cosmological principle (any observer, in any galaxy, would see the same general features of the universe).

Hi, 'w=f[z] Nice to hear from you. The Cosmological Principal has come under fire lately, with the discovery of a Universal Axis. There is other evidence the Cosmos is Whirlpool Shaped.

... we may very well be living in a finite universe, yet still have no center.

Cheers,

w=f[z]

Well, I think we might be living in a finite Universe that definitely does have a center. Can you name something with no center?

Can you name something with no center?

The surface of a sphere is the traditional example. It's a finite area, but has no edges and no center. Travelling in any direction will just bring you back to where you started. Project that into three dimensions and you get a universe which also has no center and no edges, but is still finite.

Also, I looked up "universe axis," and it seems like if it's true (which is still extremely tentative), that still doesn't mean there's a center, it just means directionality is not arbitrary.

I can see this pattern: S/T\E/P\ = Space Theory Explained Poorly.

Spyman, any falling object, say a ball, Speeds Up (S/) Cools Down (T\) Expands (E/) and Loses Pressure (P\) Thats S/T\E/P\. Okay?

How we know that, is because, when it lands say on a Floor, this ball will Slow Down ands Stop (S\) Warm Up (T/) Compact - opposite of Expand (E\) and Compress (P/) or S\T/E\P/.

Okay? 'Falling' S/T\E/P\ and 'Landing' S\T/E\P/ - opposites, but that's to be expected.

So how is the Cosmos doing the S/T\E/P\ thing ? Because it's Falling. It's that simple.

Spyman, any falling object, say a ball, Speeds Up (S/) Cools Down (T\) Expands (E/) and Loses Pressure (P\) Thats S/T\E/P\. Okay?

How we know that, is because, when it lands say on a Floor, this ball will Slow Down ands Stop (S\) Warm Up (T/) Compact - opposite of Expand (E\) and Compress (P/) or S\T/E\P/.

Okay? 'Falling' S/T\E/P\ and 'Landing' S\T/E\P/ - opposites, but that's to be expected.

So how is the Cosmos doing the S/T\E/P\ thing ? Because it's Falling. It's that simple.

Yes, but if it was falling, I think that would give something rather certain in regards to attributes about the universe then. What I mean is say you drop some water, out of a cup, and the drop length is about 100 feet, I think the water as its falling in regards to variables, such as the earths gravity, atmospheric composition, temperature, pressure and so on like you go on about would give the water some specific traits, besides wind and all that stuff. I guess you would have to put in that in connection with objects in the universe also having some impact, like if you put sand in the water per say. Have you looked at it from that angle. I mean I don’t know how you would say the universe is taking on those properties. Plus where is the universe falling, and to what, and what’s causing it to fall, is the falling a uniform force applied to objects in the universe. Lastly if I am in an elevator that is falling, falling rather fast relatively speaking, should I just be able to jump up and touch the ceiling for example, I mean I just don’t see it really when looking at what I understand of the cosmos is all.

I would say, the center of the Universe is somewhere past the Corona Borealis. I think you know where that is.

How did you come to that conclusion ?

Pretty patterns abound in Nature and can teach us a lot. But what I'm trying to do is to get some concensus here, concerning the behaviour of our Universe. When I say the Cosmos appears to be Speeding Up, Cooling Down, Expanding and Losing Pressure, nobody so far has said I'm wrong.

Nobody has said you're wrong, because they're just statements and nothing more. I could start a thread making the statement 'the expansion of the universe is accelerating'...and ? Just placing observations next to each other with your STEP example is also meaningless. Now, if you had equations for each variable, as above 'Speeding Up, Cooling Down, Expanding and Losing Pressure' and you could demonstrate a mathematical relationship between these variables (that agrees with cosmological data), that would be something...but so far (not meaning to sound rude) you havn't demonstrated anything.

The surface of a sphere is the traditional example. It's a finite area, but has no edges and no center. Travelling in any direction will just bring you back to where you started. Project that into three dimensions and you get a universe which also has no center and no edges, but is still finite.

And I would say the center of a shere is in the center. Maybe I can't prove it, but I don't think the Cosmos resembles the surface of a sphere.

l also, I looked up "universe axis," and it seems like if it's true (which is still extremely tentative), that still doesn't mean there's a center, it just means directionality is not arbitrary.

An Axis is something around which a body rotates - Encarta. That sure makes sense to me!

How did you come to that conclusion ?

It seems to be about mid-way between Aquila and Sextans. That's where the Axis ( one of them) is thought to lie.

Nobody has said you're wrong, because they're just statements and nothing more. I could start a thread making the statement 'the expansion of the universe is accelerating'...and ? Just placing observations next to each other with your STEP example is also meaningless. Now, if you had equations for each variable, as above 'Speeding Up, Cooling Down, Expanding and Losing Pressure' and you could demonstrate a mathematical relationship between these variables (that agrees with cosmological data), that would be something...but so far (not meaning to sound rude) you havn't demonstrated anything.

These 'statements' have to be stated. Part of what I'm trying to show is - just to say 'the Cosmos is Expanding' is not enough, this 'Expansion' must be seen along with all the other things the Cosmos has been found, in the mainstream, to be doing.

If we, scientists - amateur or otherwise, look at this 'total package', it should be fairly clear to anybody who has been following this thread, that the Cosmos, is falling.

Iam looking for concensus. I want to know if I've missed anything. Is there anything else we know about 'how the Cosmos is behaving'?

You missed my point. It's that simple...

i've never seen a ball expand when its falling. if anything, it would shrink and increase in internal pressure because of the increasing external pressure. it would also heat up due to friction with the air.

sounds like you need to work on it some more. S/T/E\P/ is no longer a pretty pattern.

...Nobody has said you're wrong, because they're just statements and nothing more. I could start a thread making the statement 'the expansion of the universe is accelerating'...and ?

And?...And what else? We have to consider everything the Cosmos is doing.

Just placing observations next to each other with your STEP example is also meaningless. Now, if you had equations for each variable, as above 'Speeding Up, Cooling Down, Expanding and Losing Pressure' and you could demonstrate a mathematical relationship between these variables (that agrees with cosmological data), that would be something...but so far (not meaning to sound rude) you havn't demonstrated anything.
Okay, if that's how you feel. I don't have the math - I'll admit that now. But there definitely is a relationship - it's all relative. You must see it all.

And I would say the center of a shere is in the center. Maybe I can't prove it, but I don't think the Cosmos resembles the surface of a sphere.

The center of the sphere is not part of the surface. That example is a two-dimensional (i.e. surfaces) analogy for a three-dimensional universe. You have to use an analogy because our brains aren't set up to visualize that kind of thing. Mathematically, however, it is completely possible.

An Axis is something around which a body rotates - Encarta. That sure makes sense to me!

Yes, except where it's used here, where it seems to just mean an unexplained uniform curvature.