So I've got these lengths of coaxial cable...

the tree

...and I don't want to throw them away, without measuring I'd say I've got more than five meters of the stuff in two pieces. Its old and probably not very good and I could get a brand new cable of that length for a few quid, but still, it feels wrong to just throw it away.

I was thinking that maybe I could use it for Science, but I'm not sure how. This might be my inspiration for starting a radio signal related project (although the component that I already have is by far the cheapest out of what I'd need for something like that), any ideas? Any coaxial cable related experiments that can be done cheaply?

you could test the breaking strength of old coaxial cable.

do you have a roommate? you could do more of a social experiment and see how long they will tolerate coaxial cable showing up in random places. freezer? shower? hanging from chandaliers?

I like Callipygous's ideas.

You could also make a little sign that reads "NOT YOURS" and place it next to the little piles of coaxial cable. :)

Kinda like this:

nopony.jpg

But on a less humorous note, you could test electronic interference on the cable. That might be kinda interesting. Then you could compare it with the amount of interference suffered in a twisted pair line. I've always wondered which way is better.

i've got an energy source that involves perpetual motion machines.

what we do is we gather up everybody who claims to have built a perpetual motion machine, put them in a giant hamster wheel and hook it up to a generator.

obviously we'll need a incentive so we'll dangle some technical looking document infront of them with 'secret government perpetual motion machine' or something infront of them.

if that doesn't work we can hand azure a(nother) whip.