Government Body

foodchain

Is our government really the product of various sects truly separated in regards to goals and agendas or does our government share something of a unity really in regards to such? What I mean is looking at the U.N or politics of its easy to see how there exists a real lack of trust for one and the real fact that the politics there has to breech such divides really in order to get anything done. Would you agree or disagree that our government via partisan politics is really heading in that direction, to be a fragmented body of politicians in various sects competing against each other.

Politicians will fight, period, regardless of whether or not there are two parties or ten. Look at Israel. They have coalitions of different parties that team up. There should be more diversity in the U.S., for the sake of people's choices, but the people, in general, just aren't that dissatisfied with gridlock to make a difference. It will take a great number of people to form another party that can compete. If Al Gore ran under the unrespected Green Party, now that would make a difference. Can this other billionaire buy himself an election? I doubt it. What good is an independent to reforming this issue? Is he going to pass a constitutional amendment erasing 200 years of partisan gridlock and abolish the party system? I doubt it.

Aside from the complications associated with this war, it seemed like these two parties that we have were trying to both become more moderate, since gridlock was getting lots of bad press, until leaders do stupid things like sleep with their secretary or invade foreign countries under false pretences. That's when everybody raises their guards and start fighting.

In general, I believe that they mostly have the good of the country in their heart. They just have different ideas of how it should be accomplished.